I have this computer that would restart If I kick the CPU tower (or even a pat). Initially, I thought it was the lose connections in the power cord. Finally, It was the power supply seated improperly.
If you have the same problem, here are some troubleshooting steps (Check after ever step):
- Secure the power cord firmly (behind the computer cabinet)
- Open up the CPU tower by removing the 2 screws on the side.
- Its could be a short. Wiggle the power supply / PSU.
- Make sure you have standoffs screwed in properly. For this unscrew everything on the motherboard. Make sure each one has these stand offs. If not, screw them properly.
- Sometimes, it could be the hard drive too. Tap it once, if it restarts, it could be the hard drive.