Posted by Suhas on July 11, 2010 ·
The usual computer drama, this time, was not very usual. My dad punched my laptop because of my “computer madness” (as they call it). Next moment, this thing was sitting before me saying “Hi dude, you’re screwed!”.
Anyways, I called up Toshiba service centre, that guy lied that it would cost Rs. 10,000 – 15,000 (Thats around $200-$300!). Then, Mr. Google told me that it would just cost [...]
Posted by Suhas on August 6, 2009 ·
First of all I thank Xbox-scene and Xbox-experts to make this possible.
Possible Defective parts:
1) Power brick/supply
Finding the defective part:
Use the power brick with any other working Xbox 360 (Just to check, borrow it from your friend)
1) If it doesn’t work – Your Power brick is faulty
2) If its does – Your 360 is faulty.
You can also check your [...]
Posted by Suhas on August 2, 2009 ·
Recommended reads before reading this article.
Motherboard is in great stress due to flexing of the motherboard.
How to fix it?
This is the X-clamp replacement method.
Note: Its is not a permanent fix.
What you need?
* M5 5x10mm Machine screws (8 Pieces)
* 5mm Steel/Zinc Washers (16 pieces)
* 5mm Nylon/Fibre Washers (16 pieces)
* Torx 10 and Torx 8 Screw driver to open the 360 and pull [...]
Posted by Suhas on June 30, 2009 ·
If you have an old (read ancient) computer, you might be having problems getting the CD/DVD tray out of the drive (It sometimes does, sometimes it doesn’t). This is a very simple fix.
1) Press the eject button repeatedly and somehow eject the tray.
2) You can find this belt wound around this disc like thingy.
3) Use a forceps or some pointy instrument to pull (carefully) out the belt. You’ll [...]