At time, you might get annoyed with those irritating ear plugs and you would want to get a portable speaker. You go on Ebay and search for it….. and BAM! … it costs about $50!! You’re in the same position? Here’s the tutorial you are looking for:
Disclaimer : This sounds fairly good but please don’t expect Sennheiser quality here.
Better Speakers: [DIY] Stereo input for the Sony Ericsson Portable Speakers
The features are:
1) Battery less (No hassles)
2) No Electronic Knowledge required
3) Easy to make
Note: As there is no amplifing circuit involved, you wont get loud music but enough for one room, I guess.
1) A speaker cone. (bigger the better). You can find these on some toys, old radios, cassette players, technically any junk that emits sound.
2) A Stereo Wire (Headphone wire would also do)
3) Soldering Iron (Sort of Optional, but highly recommended)
1) Cut the stereo wire, you will find 2 wires (insulated ones) that is, Left channel – Right Channel and Ground (No separate insulation can be found)
2) Get the speaker cone. You can find 2 terminals. Connect one wire (say, left channel) to one terminal and connect the other wire(say, right channel) to another terminal. Connect ground to both the terminals. Solder it.
3) Check it with an Ipod. If it works. Make a Box (Or recycle some box), put everything inside and you’ll have something like this….
Success?? Problems?? Please comment…