Electronic devices hate water. Many of us have ended up wrecking our Mobile Phones, PDAs, Flash drives, iPods, Digital Cameras etc by putting it in water. I recently had my pants washed with my Pen drive in it. Fortunately, I could recover it. Here’s how.
- Remove the battery instantly.
- Don’t switch the device on or charge it what so ever. This can lead to short circuits.
- First, clean the places you can reach with a soft cloth.
- Now, you still have water inside your device. To remove it you need to provide some small amount of heat. Here’s some stuff you can do.
- Your body temperature can help, put it in your pocket, go out for a jog or work out for sometime.
- If you are a little geekish, open up your computer cabinet. Place your device on the Hard disk. (I left it for a day) In my opinion, this is the best way. You can think of other ways too.
- Don’t be in a hurry to switch it on. Don’t do anything stupid stuff like putting it in the oven.